Sunday, December 13, 2009

Reesa's Surprise

Since I'm talking about surprises, I'm going to start this blog out by dissipating my brother-in-law, Jason's, favorite rumor . . . NO! I am not pregnant! With that said . . .

A month ago I was on a routine trip to the grocery store. Brian had the afternoon off so I was able to peaceably enjoy my trip. I picked up a carton of eggnog as a surprise for Brian. He loves the stuff and he needs the calories. It's like a win-win situation. When I got home this is the conversation that played out:
Me: You are going to LOVE me!
Brian: No, you are going to love me!
Me: I bought eggnog!
Brian: Go to the computer.
(Me walking over to the computer. At the computer desk there was a set of confirmation numbers and the Jazz webpage pulled up.) He bought us Jazz tickets! I was stoked! I've wanted to go to a Jazz game for a year! It gets better.
Me (incredulous excitement): You bought Jazz tickets?!
Brian: It gets better . . . (a few clicks of the computer mouse and I am reading the web page that talks about Kyle Korver's annual coat drive at the game that my husband had just bought tickets for.)
Brian: You better go buy a coat!

If you donate a coat to the coat drive you get to meet Kyle Korver. THIS WAS HUGE!!!!!!

I love Kyle Korver. I won't lie. LOOOOOOOOOOVE him! My husband, because he loves me, supports my crazy fan obsession. (Seriously, think crazy stalker and you have Reesa . . . )

Our tickets were in the nosebleed section, but it was so fun! Best surprise ever! I got to meet Kyle Korver and get his autograph. I could have had him sign my Korver jersey, but then I would never be able to wash/wear it again. Instead I got the autographed picture and have now put him in his proper place, amongst the family pics. Sigh. Love Kyle. Love Brian. Best surprise ever.

Brian and I at the game.

If you look REALLY closely, you can see Kyle on the second row, 4th guy in. He's wearing black which wasn't the best choice for me to get a crazy stalker picture of him without my supersonic telephoto lens.

These are our seats in proportion to the court. I can't say that it mattered much. Still loads of fun!


This is a pic of Boller and Booner. I really missed hearing their running commentary during the game. "It's buckle up time!"


We bought these inflatable Jazz bears at the game for the boys. They were a buck and the boys love them!

2 comments:

Lacey said...

What a fabulous surprise! You're husband obviously knows you well. ;) Looks like you had a great time. Fun fun!

C said...

Isn't Brian the best!!! What a great surprise! I am just glad you guys came and visited me, that meant a lot.