Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wanted . . . One working Computer

Our computer seems to be having a midlife crisis. It no longer wants to read anything. It will no longer read CDs or anything put in through the USB port. Stupid thing. I probably shouldn't insult it too much though, or it might find more room to revolt.

Our family has been super busy and I'm sorry it has taken me so long to update. With the annoying lapse of my computer, I'm not able to download any pictures, so we will all have to patiently wait until we decide to invest the money into this dumb thing.

Connor is busy with school. He has just turned 5. He is as active as ever. He loves the nice weather, and loves to be outside. (Does anyone else wonder how they survived the winter? I find I ask myself that question whenever we have a rainy day, like today.) He's busy with school and is making leaps and bounds. I had an IEP meeting with his teachers a week ago and it went very well. They've got some good goals mapped out for him. We've set some good goals for him here at home too. Connor responds like a champ to all of this. He has to work a little bit harder than most kids his age, but he's a pro. We've started assigning him some simple chores around the house, and he is always happy to help out. He loves showing Ethan new things and has been a big help in potty training Ethan. Connor has this amazing imagination. He and I have started writing stories together. I love watching his mind work. His stories are classic Connor. They involve a myriad of animals and always have a fight scene.

Ethan turned 2 at the end of February. When Brian and I were expecting Connor people used to tease us that we should name him Calvin. (Calvin N. Hobbs . . . Come on, you've all thought it.) While Connor is extremely active, he doesn't have the mischievousness that a true Calvin would need. Enter Ethan. He is such a sweetheart, but this kid could drive a mother nuts. He is into everything. He never stops. He never lacks for a new adventure. He knows how to push all the right buttons. But I sure love him. He loves to snuggle and give hugs and kisses. He talks incessantly. He is always following his brother around and hates to be without him. He finds simple joy in everything. I love this little crazy. We've recently started potty training Ethan. He's responding pretty well to the whole thing. It's been very different from potty training Connor. What worked amazingly well for Connor, did not work at all for Ethan, a complete bomb. He loves his Mater and Lightning McQueen underwear though, and loves to get a prize from the potty jar. He's a trooper.

I am incredibly happy to report that after about 18 months of unemployment, spotty work, and sporadic pay checks, Brian has a new job. He's been applying for different jobs all over the place. Nothing has panned out. It was getting completely depressing. When he first lost his job we felt like it was an opportunity for something better to come along. It took its time getting here, but now that he has this awesome new job, I would do it all over again. He works for a company called Air-O Fastener. They supply nails, nail guns, etc. to contractors and building companies all over the valley. Brian got a call out of the blue asking him if he would like this job. I kid you not, just like that. All we can say is that it was completely heaven sent. There is no other way to describe it. We know that the Lord was watching out for us. He gets paid a salary, has benefits, paid days off, holidays, and has a regular pay check. What a blessing. I don't know if I could adequately express our happiness over this. Brian just got a new calling teaching the 14-year-old Sunday School class. It will be a good calling for him.

I'm staying busy chasing the boys. They are amazing. Who knew there would be so much gratification in raising kids? I'm still teaching piano lessons a couple days a week. I love it. It is so fulfilling. My piano kids are all pretty diligent about their lessons. Mostly little joys to teach. I'm still working with the Young Women. They are a riot. In spite of piano lessons and young women, I find myself busy with vocabulary words, chauffeuring Connor back and forth to school, potty training, cooking, cleaning, laundry, an occasional Zumba class, gardening, and playing with the boys. This is the life.

3 comments:

C said...

What a cute family :) Those little boys are so fun and cute! I am so glad and happy Brian has his job. I love you guys!!!

Cameron and BreAnn said...

Yeah! I'm glad Brian found a job! What a blessing. Sounds like life is going really well for you guys. Good to hear it!

katrina said...

I'm so happy to hear about Brian's job!

Jordan said he saw you guys at Coppermill when he was in Utah...I wish I could have been the one seeing you!

Zumba!?!?...you rock!