After worrying excessively over this whole kindergarten experience, Connor showed me that he was all ready.
When my child opened the door to the house 25 minutes before I was going to go get him off the bus I had a little freak out.
Me: Where did you come from?
Connor: From school.
Me: How did you get home?
Connor: I walked home.
Me: You walked home from school?!?! (A titch of hysteria climbing into my voice now. I am now having visions of Connor not actually going to his classroom that morning after I put him on the bus . . . just walking off and coming home. His school is at least a mile and a half away)
Connor: Yep. I got off the bus, crossed the street, walked down the hill, opened the gate, and come in the door. (Connor can be known to give quite the narrative at times.)
Me (a little more relieved): You rode the bus. (I'm still wondering why he is still 25 minutes early. I know that the first day of school the bus will run a little bit longer, but the second day he shouldn't be here 25 minutes sooner!)
Connor: Yep. I need a snack.
The light bulb goes on. The clouds part and a ray of sunshine hits my overly taxed mind.
Friday is an early release day at school. Guess who forgot . . .
Division of Child and Family Services, I promise I am not a bad mom. After said experience I promise I will never forget about early release Friday again. Ever. Promise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
LoL... oh how I LOVE this story! I miss you :)
Love it! Life is better as a forgetful mom I promise ;)
Post a Comment