Friday, September 19, 2008

Monkey Independence




I've been trying to get Connor to assert some of his 3-year-old independence. I'll ask him every day what he wants to wear or what he wants for lunch . . . just little inconsequential things like that. Well, this morning he brought me his monkey Halloween costume and informed me that he would like to get dressed. Who am I to disagree? Here's how our breakfast conversation went:

"Connor, are you hungry?"

"Yep! The little monkey is huuuungry."

"Okay, what would the little monkey like to eat?"

Pause, with a DUH-like look at mom, "I eat bananas!"

Silly me, what was I thinking. We might get some interesting looks at the grocery store today when I take a monkey. Speaking of which, I better remember to stock up on bananas . . .



3 comments:

Brittney said...

hey, at least your halloween decisions are quintessentially simplified!

and what a cute little monkey to boot. way to go, connor.

Lacey said...

What a darling monkey he makes! At least he decided to be a monkey, who likes healthy food, and not something like the cookie monster! :)

Welcome to the blogging world!!!

Jen Jarrett said...

THAT IS SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hands down probably the cutest thing ever!