Ethan started out the morning by enjoying all the decorations that magically appeared over night! (And of course did not want to stick to the walls, so most of them had fallen down during the night) The best of which was all the balloons!
Since Ethan is our leap-year boy, we had two parties! It was great fun! The first one was Saturday, February 28, and involved all of Brian's family. We had a car theme, which might have been one of my more inspired ideas. Every kid was given an apple or orange box and instructed to turn it into a car. Paper plates were used for wheels and the steering wheel. (On a funny note, Connor kept getting flat tires the whole time he raced. His whole car was pretty much demolished by the time the race was over. We're REALLY looking forward to Connor turning 16!) We used ribbons to keep the car on their shoulders so they wouldn't have to hold it up the whole time they raced. Of course we had a race. We traveled the loop that went through the kitchen, living room, and bathroom. (By far, my most FAVORITE part of this house!)
The creative process . . .

The race looked something like this . . .
My race car cake turned out well and was super delicious! Sometimes I go so overboard when I make birthday cakes they look amazing but taste awful!
Everyone seemed to know exactly what to get Ethan . . . FOOD! The kid loves to eat! Thanks to everyone who helped us celebrate! We had a great day! We love our Ethan and we're so glad he's a part of our family!

7 comments:
Fun, fun, fun to remember his first birthday with such great pictures and videos. Thanks Mom
How creative are you!!! I love that he got so much food, it took me a little while to figure out what it was because my brain doesn't work, but once I did I had to laugh. Kids are great, huh? Hope you had an awesome Easter!
What a seriously fun birthday! I love the cars made out of boxes... awesome! And holy cow-- he hit the jackpot on food. Like he's starting his own year supply. :) Happy birthday Ethan!
Oh my goodness- so creative! Looks like fun.
How are you guys doing? I hope things are better and continue to be so! Good luck with everything.
What a creative mom you are! I'm super impressed! Your boys are really lucky! (And really cute!) I love the car party! How are things going?
Reesa, you are amazing!!! Your boys are lucky to have you.
WOW!!! It looks like such a great birthday! Spoiled little boy! He is getting so big and is super cute! You do good Reese! The cake and party ideas are amazing as well. If I am ever in a position where I have to do that, I'll be calling! ;^)
Post a Comment